Make your own stars of Matariki
Check out the video below for an easy and quick recipe to make star biscuits that you can use to celebrate Matariki. It’s something the whole whānau can get involved with. The only problem is sometimes they disappear too fast.
Here are the easy steps:
- Put a cup of sugar into a large bowl.
- Add 225 grams of butter.
- Drop in a teaspoon of vanilla essence (or two if you prefer).
- Cream together.
- Gradually add three cups of flour and one egg.
- Mix until combined.
- Wrap and chill for half an hour.
- Lightly sprinkle a bit of flour onto a clean board.
- Roll out the door into a uniform thickness.
- Cut out star-shaped pieces.
- Line a baking tray with paper and place the stars on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes, or until ready.
- To decorate, mix together water and icing sugar, add food colouring, and drizzle over the top, or ice them all over – it’s up to you.
Then, let cool and enjoy!
Link to: BetterBecause
Find out more about what makes Kidsfirst Kindergartens so special. There are so many reasons why we’re #BetterBecause.
Arrange a time to come in and see our kindergarten for yourself, get to meet our kaiako and see the kindy for yourself.
Get in touch if you have any questions or want to know more. We’re here and always happy to give you the answers you need.